Zodiac is an eco-thriller, one of Neal Stephenson's earlier works. It's a story about a young Boston man who works for an environmentalist organization that investigates illegal industrial waste dumping who suddenly find himself in even more danger than usual after trying to pin an especially toxic dump on a major corporation.
- The story is fun and exciting for the whole book.
- Sangamon Taylor is a fun character who is both smart and crafty. Kind of like MacGyver, but who isn't afraid to do drugs.
- The scientific details about various types of toxic waste are really interesting.
- I know that the Satanic-Panic of the 1980s was a big deal, but it all turned out to be a trumped up religious panic, so the villainous Satanists seemed kind of lame reading it now.
- The book is mostly a bro-fest. There are only a handful of women, and they only play minor roles.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_(novel) - Wikipedia.