Zodiac is an eco-thriller novel by Neal Stephenson, published in 1988, and his second published novel. It's a story about a young Boston man who works for a not-quite-legal environmentalist organization that investigates companies that dump industrial waste who suddenly find himself in even more danger than usual after trying to pin an especially toxic dump on a major corporation.
- The story is fun and exciting for the whole book.
- Sangamon Taylor is a fun character who is both smart and crafty. Kind of like MacGyver, but who isn't afraid to do drugs.
- The scientific details about various types of toxic waste are really interesting.
- I know that the Satanic-Panic of the 1980s was a big deal, but it all turned out to be a trumped up religious panic, so the villainous Satanists seemed kind of lame reading it now.
- The book is mostly a bro-fest. There are only a handful of women, and they only play minor roles.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_(novel) - Wikipedia.