Difference between revisions of "Ys III: Wanderers From Ys"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
* Neither the player nor the monsters recoil from getting hit. This is a terrible way to handle combat because monsters
* Neither the player nor the monsters recoil from getting hit. This is a terrible way to handle combat becausemonsters the player damage .
Revision as of 15:44, 26 November 2018
Ys III: Wanderers From Ys is an action adventure fantasy game developed and published by Nihon Falcom for the PC-9801 and PC-8801 on 1989-07-28. It was later ported to several other platforms. It is the third game in the Ys series.
I didn't know about the Ys series when it was most popular in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I had seen the titles in lists of games, but because they were mostly Japanese releases, I didn't bother trying to play them. At the end of 2018, I finally decided to try a Ys game because I saw that Ys III had several elements of my favorite game genre, Metroidvania.
I do not own this game. I am playing the SNES port.
- Overall: ?/10
- Best Version: ?
- The game lets you save and load pretty much everywhere which is nice considering how easy it is to take damage.
- The beginning story is odd. Dogi takes Adol to his home town, but when it is discovered that the town's leader has been lost in a quarry full of monsters, Dogi just lazes in the inn so that Adol has to rescue the leader by himself.
- You have to spend a lot of time grinding.
- Several monsters move so fast it's very hard to avoid taking a hit.
- Ground-based enemies just move back and forth in a fixed area without even a primitive AI.
- Enemies do not have wall collision and instead walk right through them. They're usually placed in areas where they won't walk though walls, but sometimes they do.
- Neither the player nor the monsters recoil from getting hit. This is a terrible way to handle combat because, with such a short invincibility timeout after getting hit, monsters can walk through the player and cause damage over and over again.
|English||Ys III: Wanderers From Ys|
|Japanese||イースIII – ワンダラーズフロムイース||Isu Suri – Wandarazu Furomu Isu||Ys III: Wanderers From Ys|