Windows XP is a computer operating system developed by Microsoft for personal computers and a version of the Windows line of operating systems. It was released on 2001-08-24, received its final feature update on 2008-04-21, and security updates ended on 2014-08-04. This was the first NT operating system targeted to home users and saw the abandonment of Microsoft's older Windows line.
This is my favorite release of the Windows operating system, which demonstrates the best merger of form and function Microsoft ever achieved with an OS. Subsequent Windows operating systems eliminated customization features and expanded mandatory multimedia dependence which decreased performance and added unnecessary complications.
Getting Windows to share files through the network is a lot more complicated than it needs to be.
- Open Explorer.
- Click Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> Advanced Settings List
- Uncheck "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)".
- Right-click on the shared folder, click properties.
- Select "Everyone" in the Group or user names list.
- Check the "Full Control" under the allow column in the Permissions for Everyone list.
- Click "OK".
- If connection still fails, map a network drive, and click the link "Connect using a different user name." and enter a valid user name and password.