Ultima is a game universe created by Richard Garriott, and later through his company Origin Systems. The first Ultima game was published in 1981. The series spanned dozens of games, soundtracks, comic books, and more.
My first experience with the series was from the NES game Ultima: Exodus, which I really loved, despite its many flaws. A middle school friend later showed me Ultima VII: The Black Gate and I was utterly blown away. I own every major Ultima game and have played nearly all of the non-canon games as well.
- Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
- Ultima III: Exodus
- Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
- Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
- Ultima VI: The False Prophet
- Ultima VII: The Black Gate
- Ultima VII, Part 2: Serpent Isle
- Ultima VIII: Pagan
- Ultima IX: Ascension
- Akalabeth: World of Doom
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
- Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
- Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
- Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2 - Martian Dreams
- Ultima: Runes of Virtue
- Ultima: Runes of Virtue II
- Ultima Online
- Ultima: Exodus
- Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
- Ultima: Escape From Mt. Drash
Advertisement for Ultima I and II by Sierra On-Line.
The Ultima logo is made from a modified version of the Victorian typeface.