Tower of Heaven
Tower of Heaven is a platform action game developed and published by Askiisoft for Windows in 2009. The game was initially designed in Game Maker and then ported to Flash in 2010. The flash version adds a couple new features.
I was made aware of the game after buying the soundtrack in a Humble Bundle. I really liked the music, so I decided to find the game. I got bored with it on my first attempt, but tried again a little while later and beat it.
The game is free, and I have beat it.
- Overall: 4/10
- Best Version: Flash
- The premise is quite nice. I like the idea of climbing the tower of a god who smites you for not following his ridiculous rules.
- I like the art, and the fours shades of green-gray is pleasantly reminiscent of Game Boy.
- The music is phenomenal.
- The controls are quite responsive.
- The death animations are quite nice.
- I like the empty cut-scene rooms.
- The character has cute foot-twiddling jumps.
- The game is too short.
- There are a few tricky parts where you die so many times it become annoying.