Thunderbird is a free open source email client developed by Mozilla first released on 2003-07-28.
Transferring a Profile to a New Computer
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click the hamburger icon.
- Click Help.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Application Basics, next to Profile Folder, click Open Folder to open the location of disk of your current profile.
- Close Thunderbird.
- Your profile will be highlighted. Rename it by appending ".old" to the end in case you need it again.
- On your old PC, go to this same location, and look for the existing profile folder.
- Copy it to the new folder location and rename it to the original profile folder, minus the ".old" extension.
- Restart Thuderbird. You should have your old profile again.