The Secret of Monkey Island
The Secret of Monkey Island is an adventure game using the popular SCUMM engine. It is the first in a long series of Monkey Island games.
I have beaten the game, but required occasional hints.
- The script is pretty hilarious, lots of funny dialog options.
- The graphics are quite beautiful, even in the EGA version.
- You're unable to choose a lot of the dialog options because the game cuts-short a lot of conversations. The only way to read these options is to keep reloading the game.
- Like many adventure games, some of the puzzles are particularly difficult to solve and don't make much sense. I can attribute this to trying to pad the length of the game, trying to sell hint books, or laziness from the developers. Either case is annoying.
- Several parts of the game are just too silly and ruin the experience (but only temporarily).
- Nothing really, this game is pretty solid.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island - Wikipedia.
- mobygames.com/game/secret-of-monkey-island - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.com/pc/562681-the-secret-of-monkey-island - GameFAQS.