The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is an action adventure game made by Nintendo and released for the Game Boy in 1993. It's the fourth game in the Zelda series. Later, an upgraded version was released for the Game Boy Color. The game doesn't take itself as seriously as the previous Zelda games.
I had first seen this game on my high school friend's Game Boy (around 1996), and he said it was just as good as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I found hard to believe. I played it for a few minutes, and was surprised at how close it was graphically to the SNES game, but didn't do much with it. Around 2010, I decided to try and play the game through, and made it through the first few underworlds, but never continued it. I will most likely finish it in the future.
I do not own this game, and I have yet to beat it.
- Overall: 6/10
- Best Version: Game Boy Color
- It's cute to see the inclusion of other Nintendo franchises like Goombas, Pirhana Plants, and Dr. Wright.
- Jumping was also a cool feature.
- The anachronistic telephones are really out of place. A Zelda game should never have modern technology.
- I get extremely pissed every time I have to read that damn message about not being able to pick something up with my bare hands. The first time was informative, the second was a refresher, the thousandth was controller throwingly annoying. You would think it would stop after you get the bracelet, but no!
- zeldadungeon.net/Zelda04-links-awakening.php - Zelda Dungeon.
- mobygames.com/game/gameboy/legend-of-zelda-links-awakening - MobyGames (Game Boy).
- mobygames.com/game/legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-dx - MobyGames (Game Boy Color).
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Link%27s_Awakening - Wikipedia.