Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan is a Game Boy game made by Konami and released in 1990. Like other games in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, it is a beat-em-up, but can also be viewed as a run and gun.
I first saw this game in a hint book and thought it was pretty cool looking, but never played it at the time. I first played it around 2015 and beat it in about a half hour. Had I spent money on this game I would have been pissed!
I do not own the game, but I have beaten it.
- Overall: 2/10
- Best Version: Game Boy
- The graphics are large, well-drawn, and thematic to the series.
- There are several non-TMNT-related monsters in the game that could have easily been replaced by TMNT-themed monsters.
- Although each scene does have its own unique look, the game is painfully repetitive.
- The game is too short and too easy, especially since there is a built-in feature to warp to the final level!
- The turtles are entirely identical aside from their weapon, and even though the weapons look different, they all function alike. Even to the point of having the same collision-detection.
- The overall game play is tedious and not fun. Most games can't easily be reduced to "reacting to stimuli by pushing buttons," but this one can.