Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is a platform action game developed and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy and released on 1992-10-21. The Super Game Boy supports the game. It is part of the Super Mario series and the sequel to Super Mario Land.
I played the game on an emulator to see what it was like and ended up beating the entire game on my first attempt in the 2010s.
I own a loose cart of the game.
Best Version: Game Boy
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The graphics are pretty great for a Game Boy game.
- Each of the various land themes across the island are well designed.
- The game is surprisingly large for a Game Boy title.
- Wario is a really creepy end boss.
- The majority of the game is too easy, but the final stage is extremely difficult. The first time I played, I made it all the way to the final and had amassed 99 lives. However, by the time I had beaten the final boss, I was down to about 30 lives! Part of that was over-confidence due to have 99 lives and rushing through it, but, after about 10 lost lives, I began to take it seriously, and it still took forever.
- I actually don't care much for the game's soundtrack and see it as inferior to the first game.
|English||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins|
|Japanese||スーパーマリオランド2 6つの金貨||Supa Mario Rando Tsu: 6 Muttsu no Kinka||Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins|