Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. 3 is an action platformer developed and published by Nintendo for the NES on 1988-10-23, and later emulated on several other platforms. The game is the third Super Mario Bros. title and continues the growing Mario universe. In the game, Princess Peach has once again been kidnapped by Bowser, but this time his eight children will help prevent Mario from rescuing her.
I own this game for the NES and have beaten the game and every level within it.
- Overall: 10/10
- Best Version: NES
The Japanese art shows Bowser, his children, and various enemies, all chasing Luigi, Toad, and Peach, and Mario in his raccoon suit. The ground uses the black and white tiles and the outer layout uses tiles as well. The typeface uses the jagged letters that appear in the game and later in Super Mario World. I love this art, but the cyan and orange tiles look awful.
The North American box ignores all of the original art except the smiling raccoon Mario, placed on a yellow field. The typeface is blue with a red shadow which looks great. The design is very similar to the North American Super Mario Bros. 2 box. Overall, I like it, but the Japanese art is more interesting.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES - Manual.pdf
- youtube.com/watch?v=c2LTcQwmOV4 - Longplay, no warps.
|English||Super Mario Bros. 3|
|Japanese||スーパーマリオブラザーズ3||Supa Mario Burazazu 3||Super Mario Bros. 3|
- mobygames.com/game/super-mario-bros-3 - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._3 - Wikipedia.
- thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php?title=Super_Mario_Bros._3 - NES Hacker Database.
- tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Bros._3 - The Cutting Room Floor.
- spriters-resource.com/nes/supermariobros3 - Graphics.