I have beat this game several times. At my peak, I was able to beat it without dying.
- Overall: 6/10
- Best Version: NES
- The controls are really responsive and intuitive.
- Each stage is pretty unique with new enemies, scenery, and music.
- The game is challenging enough that even after playing for years, you'll still have difficulty beating it.
- The graphics are really impressive, and using the theme of Alien (and, by proxy, Giger's art style) was a great idea.
- The game is painfully difficult. Had I encountered this game later in life, I wouldn't have the patience for it. Thankfully there is a 10-lives cheat code which makes victory more possible for an amateur.
- While they repaired the terrible flame thrower weapon from the first game, the laser gun is still terrible and even worse than the original rifle.
- mobygames.com/game/super-contra - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.com/nes/563463-super-c - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Contra - Wikipedia.
- thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php/Super_C - NES Hacker Database.