Super C is a run-and-gun action shooter from Konami and sequel to Contra. The game was originally released in the arcade and then ported to various platforms. My favorite is the NES release. I have beat the NES game without cheats and without even dying.
- The controls are really responsive and intuitive.
- Each stage is pretty unique with new enemies, scenery, and music.
- The game is challenging enough that even after playing for years, you'll still have difficulty beating it.
- The graphics are really impressive, and using the theme of Alien (and, by proxy, Giger's art style) was a great idea.
- The game is painfully difficult. Had I encountered this game later in life, I wouldn't have the patience for it. Thankfully there is a 10-lives cheat code which makes victory more possible for an amateur.
- While they repaired the terrible flame thrower weapon from the first game, the laser gun is still terrible and even worse than the original rifle.