SimCity 2000 is a strategy which simulates city planning. It was developed and published by Maxis Software for the Macintosh in 1993, and then ported to many other platforms. It's less of a sequel to SimCity, and more like a remake. Like the original, you play as the mayor of a city and maze all the large decisions of zoning land for residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, and plan out the location of roads, power plants, water pipes, parks, and more. But this game adds many more elements to take into consideration.
I first played SimCity 2000 at my cousin's house. After I had bought SimCity on the SNES, we got into a Sim game kick, and began buying a lot of them. I bought SimAnt, and A-Train, they bought 2000 and Classic, and another friend bought SimFarm and SimTower.
I really liked all the additions of SimCity 2000: the isometric view, sloping land, the water system, the slow invention of technologies, and the nice music. And, of course, it was always fun to send the space alien to destroy everything. Like most Sim games, I got bored with the game because there is no objective, but it took a lot longer because there is so much to do.
I own the special edition of this game for DOS.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: DOS
- There is an surprisingly large amount of things to do in the game. There are dozens of units to build, several systems to manage, and all sorts of interesting things that can occur.
- The layout, interface, and graphics are all fantastic.
- Most of Sue Kasper's music is very enjoyable.
- The pre-made maps included a lot of real-life cities including one only a half hour from where I grew up: Flint, Michigan.
- Like most Maxis games, it came with a very thorough manual.
- The music plays entirely at random, so you can get a snappy jazz number during a hurricane, or a dirge right after celebrating a milestone.
- I remember always having water pressure problems no matter how many water towers or pumps I created. Not sure if this was a bug, or something I was doing wrong that the game never explained to me.
This is the DOS demo version of SimCity 2000.
|Japanese||シムシティ2000||ShimuShiti 2000||SimCity 2000|