Samsara Room (remake)
Samsara Room is a surreal escape room video game developed and published by Rusty Lake on 2020-04-29 for Android, iOS, Macintosh and Windows. The game is a remake of the original Samsara Room. You are stuck in a room with a dresser, mirror, grandfather clock, and telephone, but as you explore the room, you seem to be traveling through different dimensions where your body changes into other creatures.
I found this game in the Google Play store while looking for a new game to play on my phone. I generally enjoy escape rooms, and it was free, so I downloaded it. I beat it on 2020-06-24 without any hints.
The game is free. I have beaten it.
Best Version: Android
— This section contains spoilers! —
- Though not technically impressive, the art style is interestingly surreal.
- The ambient music fits the game nicely.
- Some of the puzzles are quite satisfying to solve.
- There isn't too much variety in the game's puzzles. Almost every one is based on item interaction or observation.
- There are a couple bottle-necks in the puzzle sequence where all future progress in the game hinges on a single puzzle. This isn't atypical for an escape room, but there is one early on which requires you to solve an 11-letter scrambled sentence. I'm not particularly good at these, and I don't find them all that interesting. It also didn't really fit with the style of this game. I almost gave up because of it, but, luckily, I figured it out just before quitting and was able to continue the game.
- play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.RustyLake.SamsaraRoom - Google Play Store.