Difference between revisions of "Rollers of the Realm"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 23:14, 8 March 2019
Rollers of the Realm is a digital pinball game with a fantasy theme developed by Phantom Compass and published by Atlus on 2014-11-18 for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and Windows. The player plays the role of various fantasy characters in their quest to stop the revival of three powerful spirits who will take over the realm. But, rather than play the characters directly, you play a pinball version of each character on various pinball tables. Each character has different special abilities.
I got this game as part of a Humble Bundle. I decided to play it because I really liked Pinball Quest, and this game is in the same vein.
I own this game and have beaten it on 2018-11-17. I have 15/32 achievements.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: Windows
- The production quality is amazing. The game has wonderful art work and fabulous voice acting.
- The various pinball tables have a lot of variety in their structure.
- Each character has an assortment of sayings when they interact with enemies in the game.
- You can use the analog stick to adjust you ball on the board, which is helpful for saving a ball from the gutter, but you don't get enough control to break the game.
- If you find the game too difficult, you can level up your characters, grind for gold to buy all the upgrades, and hire henchmen which makes the game much easier.
- I like how the character mugshots change as the game progresses.
- The game is a bit short and easy. I beat the boss battle on my first attempt without any of the hirelings.
- Although there are several power-ups to buy, they had such minor benefit, I never really felt like they were directly helping me.