River City Ransom
I've beaten River City Ransom, maxed out a character, and hand-wrote out the results of every item in the game.
- The game has nice colorful cartoon graphics and good music.
- Player controls are responsive and fluid.
- The various moves you can learn really make the game more interesting as you go.
- The animation in shops is hilarious, and the possible items are myriad.
- The messages gang members say are hilarious.
- There are a lot of great weapons to use.
- The game is monotonous. You have to do a lot of grinding and buying power-ups to become strong enough to defeat the later bosses.
- The Frat Boys are too powerful of a gang so early in the game.
- The Javelin Man and Fatal Footsteps are not very useful moves.
- It's pretty much impossible to guess what type of bonuses you'll get from items, so you're forced to buy them all to find out.