Red (video game)
Red is a casual puzzle game developed and published by bontegames and released on 2018-01-17 for iOS, and later a couple other platforms. The game consists of 50 levels where you have to change the screen from black to red by manipulating the playing field. Part of each puzzle is learning out how the playing field can be manipulated before figuring out how to solve the puzzle. The game is very similar in style to the Hoshi's Saga games, and is the sequel to Yellow and it's subsequent game, Black.
I found this game while searching for a new free game to play on my phone.
This is a free with ads game. I beat it on 2019-01-24, needing 2 hints.
- Overall: 4/10
- Best Version: Android
— This section contains spoilers! —
- There were several interesting puzzles to solve.
- The game has a limited, but enjoyable soundtrack.
- Some of the puzzles are incredibly easy, and others are so abstract I couldn't understand how someone would figure them out without a hint. A couple, I never learned the rule, but still solved them somehow.
- A lot of the puzzles are derivative of puzzles from the previous game.
- The game is too short. You'll finish it in a few minutes.
- The on-screen help and back buttons get in the way on several puzzles.
- mobygames.com/game/red - MobyGames.
- kongregate.com/games/bontegames/red - Play Online.
- play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.bartbonte.red - Google Play Store.