Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, more commonly known simply as Puzzle Agent, is an adventure puzzle game developed and published by Telltale for Windows and Macintosh on 2010-06-30, and then ported to iOS.
I got this game from a bundle of some sort, and I liked the cartoon drawings in the screenshots in Steam, so I installed it. I beat it on 2018-08-12 after my second sitting.
I own this game on Steam and have beaten it.
- The game uses a variety of puzzle types throughout the game.
- The cartoon style is fun to look at.
- The voice acting, sound effects, and ambient music is good.
- The gnomes are quite creepy.
- The game reuses some of its puzzles too much. I get not wanting to have to remake a new engine for each puzzle, but that's kind of the point of the game.
- As far as logic puzzles go, there isn't anything new here. If you're familiar with them, you will pretty quickly understand every puzzle in the game. Although, some of them still take a fair amount of time to solve.
- The game has a few pretty obvious graphic glitches and I can't understand why they weren't fixed.
- Although it takes a couple hours to beat, the game doesn't have nearly enough puzzles.
- The story is quite interesting, mysterious, and creepy, but it ends abruptly. Several characters have side plots with no closure. There is a sequel, but that is no excuse for leaving the plot hanging.
- youtube.com/watch?v=TuKvDndnZ-0 - Longplay.