Difference between revisions of "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 09:24, 2 June 2017
I own both Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Punch-Out!!. I have beat every boxer except Tyson.
- Overall: 6/10
- Best Version: NES
- The boxing mechanic of dodging punches and counter-punching is a great system.
- The game gives you very flexible control over Little Mac and allows you to move faster as you become more comfortable with the moves.
- The stamina stat was a clever way to prevent the player from just mashing buttons.
- Rewarding the player's experimentation with uppercut stars is a good mechanic that rewards creativity.
- While the boxing mechanic is relatively the same throughout the game, each boxer introduces a new element keeping the game fresh all the way to the end.
- The large flicker-free character sprites were very impressive for the time.
- The game is really racist in the way it depicts boxers. The Russian is a drunk, the Pacific Islander is fat with beady little eyes, the Frenchman is weak and pathetic, etc. Although, I do have to give them credit for having such a diverse line up.
- Mike Tyson is extremely hard. A little too hard for most players, and it kind of hurts the game.
- Continuing after losing a match is setup weird. Sometimes you get a couple rematches before getting a game over, sometimes you get a game over the first time you lose.
- mobygames.com/game/nes/mike-tysons-punch-out - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch-Out!!_(NES) - Wikipedia.
- gamefaqs.com/nes/525246-mike-tysons-punch-out - GameFAQs.
- vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Mike_Tyson%27s_Punch-Out!!_(NES) - Music.