Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra
My brother borrowed this game from a friend shortly after it was released and I played it on my family's 386SX Packard Bell.
I own the game for DOS in a Might & Magic collection.
- The graphics are truly amazing for a 1991 PC game.
- The combat system is simple enough to not be an obstacle, but complex enough to handle different tactics.
- The prefix/suffix system for items was a great way of creating nearly countless variations of items.
- The music and sound is pretty bland.
- The dungeon traps are pretty obnoxious. Even though they're clearly visible, they're often unavoidable and only serve to slowly weaken your party.
- The original release had a pretty bad game-breaking bug that made it nearly impossible to win.
- mobygames.com/game/might-and-magic-iii-isles-of-terra - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic_III:_Isles_of_Terra - Wikipedia.
- jeffludwig.com/mm3/index.php - MM3 modding.