Mega Man is an action platformer made by Capcom, released for the NES in 1987, and the the first game in the Mega Man series. In the game's story, Dr. Wright built several humanoid robots to help humans with various difficult tasks, but his assistant, Dr. Wily, reprogrammed the robots to try to take over the world. You play on of Dr. Wright's Wily's first robots, Rock, who must stop Dr. Wily by first defeating the six robots he stole.
Since Mega Man didn't sell nearly as well as the second game, I didn't play it until after I had played Mega Man II. I found it to be a less impressive than the sequel, but still enjoyed it. When I tried to beat it in earnest, I got to the Yellow Devil and couldn't defeat it. I'm aware of the trick with Elecman's weapon, but I don't count that.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: NES
- The game has decent graphics, good music, a pretty solid design.
- The idea of stealing your opponent's powers is a fantastic idea.
- The disappearing blocks are really obnoxious.
- The dropping platforms in Gutsman's stage are a bit too annoying.
- The Yellow Devil boss is painfully difficult.
- The Dr. Wily stages are pretty lazily designed, although, this may have been a ROM limitation.
- mobygames.com/game/mega-man- - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(video_game) - Wikipedia.
- vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Mega_Man_(NES) - Music.
- thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php/Mega_Man - NES Hacker Database.