Master of Magic
Master of Magic can be summed up as Civilization with a high-fantasy theme. The overworld exploration takes place in a square grid, while combat takes place in an isometric grid.
I can easily beat the game on normal difficulty.
- You can customize your character's starting magic affiliation and spell abilities.
- The music, while pretty lo-fi, makes a very fine backdrop.
- There is a very wide assortment of different units, races, and spells to keep things exciting.
- You can recruit heroes who go up levels and can carry artifacts.
- The AI has some pretty big flaws.
- They build ships in tiny ponds.
- Casters will often cast spells that don't help at all, like create mud on units behind walls.
- Casters will cast non-stacking enchantments on units that already have them.
- Heroes and champions are cool, but even at their highest levels and when fully equipped, they're often out-classed by powerful regular units.
- The interface is well designed, but it's speed is a little clunky.
- Nothing really.