Lone Wolf (universe)
Lone Wolf is a series of game books created by Joe Denver first published in 1984. The series grew to several dozen books before being canceled in 1998. However, with the help of fans on the Internet, the series remained popular and was eventually the old books were re-printed and new books were added to the series by various authors.
For Christmas in the late 1980s, my mother bought my brother and step-brother books 1 and 2 of the Lone Wolf series. My step-brother lived in a different state, so I wasn't able to read the first book, but, after my brother was bored with Fire On the Water, I read through it many times. A friend of mine in middle school had several of the books as well, and I enjoyed looking at the pictures in them, but never had a chance to read his books. In the early 2000s, I was at a used book shop and found several of the books for sale, including the first book that I had missed out on. I bought all they had and finally got to read what was only hinted to from the second book.
The author eventually freely released the books and they were made available on the Internet, and through an Android app, but I still haven't been interested enough to read that many. I have read and completed only the first four books.
In this series, the Kai monastery is destroyed, and you, Lone Wolf, the last of the Kai initiates, must warn Sommerlund and Durenor, determine who was behind the attack, and stop them.
- Lone Wolf, Book 1: Flight From the Dark
- Lone Wolf, Book 2: Fire On the Water
- Lone Wolf, Book 3: The Caverns of Kalte
- Lone Wolf, Book 4: The Chasm of Doom
- Lone Wolf, Book 5: Shadow On the Sand
In this series, you have found the Magnakai book, a Kai manual for the monks, but, in order to understand it and become a Kai master, you must collect the seven orbs scattered across Northern Magnamund all while aiding the war against the Darklords.
- Lone Wolf, Book 6: The Kingdoms of Terror
- Lone Wolf, Book 7: Castle Death
- Lone Wolf, Book 8: The Jungle of Horrors
- Lone Wolf, Book 9: The Cauldron of Fear
- Lone Wolf, Book 10: The Dungeons of Torgar
- Lone Wolf, Book 11: The Prisoners of Time
- Lone Wolf, Book 12: The Masters of Darkness
Grand Master Series
Despite Magnamund having mostly fallen to the Darklords, you are now a true Kai master. You must struggle to defeat the Darklords, and take the battle to the Plane of Darkness.
- Lone Wolf, Book 13: The Plague Lords of Ruel
- Lone Wolf, Book 14: The Captives of Kaag
- Lone Wolf, Book 15: The Darke Crusade
- Lone Wolf, Book 16: The Legacy of Vashna
- Lone Wolf, Book 17: The Deathlord of Ixia
- Lone Wolf, Book 18: Dawn of the Dragons
- Lone Wolf, Book 19: Wolf's Bane
- Lone Wolf, Book 20: The Curse of Naar
New Order Series
The New Order series features a new protagonist, a student of Lone Wolf. The series was canceled in 1998, but resurrected in 2016, and it has not yet been completed. Unlike the first three series, these books are not numbered.
- Lone Wolf: Voyage of the Moonstone
- Lone Wolf: The Buccaneers of Shadaki
- Lone Wolf: Mydnight's Hero
- Lone Wolf: Rune War
- Lone Wolf: Trail of the Wolf
- Lone Wolf: The Fall of Blood Mountain
- Lone Wolf: Vampirium
- Lone Wolf: The Hunger of Sejanoz
- Lone Wolf: The Storms of Chai
- Lone Wolf: Dead In the Deep
The World of Lone Wolf
Books in this series were written by Ian Page and use different characters, though they are still set in the same world.
- The World of Lone Wolf, Book 1: Grey Star the Wizard
- The World of Lone Wolf, Book 2: The Forbidden City
- The World of Lone Wolf, Book 3: Beyond the Nightmare Gate
- The World of Lone Wolf, Book 4: War of the Wizards
Many other books have been written that take place in the Lone Wolf game world.
- projectaon.org/en/Main/Books - Project Aon.