I got my copy of Lemmings for DOS bundled with a piece of hardware, I think it was my Sound Blaster 2, but I'm not positive. I played through all the Fun levels and started on the Tricky levels, but got bored with it. I really enjoyed the DOS music for the game.
I used to own a copy of Lemmings for DOS, but I don't know where it went. I have not beaten the game.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: Not sure.
- The background graphics look amazing, and the lemming animations are great.
- Despite most of the music being arrangements of children's songs, they're pretty good, and the original music is great.
- The point-and-click interface is great.
- Some later stages use the same map, but give you a limited set of lemmings to work with, which forces you to have to solve the same puzzle in a more convoluted manner, which I think is a great idea.
- The instruments used in the Amiga version is really obnoxious.
- In the final levels, the game becomes less about solving a puzzle and more about having to click on the exact pixel at the exact second. This isn't fun, it's tedious.