Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land is an action platformer developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo on the Game Boy on 1992-04-27. It is the first Kirby game and, since Kirby's ability to steal powers from the monsters he's eaten has not yet been established, the game plays more like a generic platformer.
I first played this game after already having played a couple later Kirby games, so I was very disappointed by the lack of stealing powers, and it was so short and easy, I beat it on my first attempt.
I do not own the game, but I have beat it.
- Overall: 3/10
- Best Version: Game Boy
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The graphics are nice and cute and a lot of the characters seen in later games are introduced.
- The cuteness of Kirby, especially, is really wonderful.
- The game has a pretty complete manual.
- Overall, the game is kind of dull.
- Since Kirby never becomes more powerful, the boss rush at the end is just tedious.
- The game is too easy. Even younger kids won't have much difficulty beating it. The unlockable "extra mode" should have been the default game.
- At only five levels, the game is incredibly short, easily beatable in a single play-through.
- youtube.com/watch?v=gU6cHCkWqy8 - US commercial.
- youtube.com/watch?v=qQpH9F1a4d4 - Japanese commercial.
- youtube.com/watch?v=giWzzjEgGIM - Longplay.
|English||Kirby's Dream Land|
|Japanese||星のカービ||Hoshi no Kabi||Kirby of the Stars|