Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land is an action platformer developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo on the Game Boy in 1992. It is the first Kirby game and, since Kirby's ability to steal powers from the monsters he's eaten has not yet been established, the game plays more like a basic platformer.
I first played this game after already having played a couple later Kirby games, so I was very disappointed by the lack of stealing powers, and it was so short and easy, I beat it on my first attempt.
I do not own the game, but I have beat it.
- Overall: 3/10
- Best Version: Game Boy
- The graphics are nice and cute and a lot of the characters seen in later games are introduced.
- The cuteness of Kirby, especially, is really wonderful.
- The game has a pretty complete manual.
- Overall, the game is kind of dull.
- The game is too easy. Even younger kids won't have much difficulty beating it.
- At only five levels, the game is incredibly short, easily beatable in a single play-through.
- youtube.com/watch?v=gU6cHCkWqy8 - US commercial.
- youtube.com/watch?v=qQpH9F1a4d4 - Japanese commercial.
- youtube.com/watch?v=giWzzjEgGIM - Longplay.
|English||Kirby's Dream Land|
|Japanese||星のカービ||Hoshi no Kabi||Kirby of the Stars|