Kids (video game)
Kids is a casual puzzle video game developed and published by Playables on 2019-05-28 for Android, iOS, Linux, Macintosh, and Windows. The game centers around a crowd of white featureless "kids" whose movements you are able to influence to some degree. In each scene you have to get them to do something like fall into a pit, clap their hands, or make their way through intestines.
I bought this game as part of the Bundle For Racial Justice and Equality. It looked fairly interesting from the trailer, so I installed it and beat it in about 15 minutes on 2020-06-29.
I own a digital copy of this game and have beaten it.
Best Version: Windows
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The game is nicely weird.
- The little white "kids" are well-drawn and smoothly animated.
- The ambient sound fits the surreal game and the spoken dialogue sounds good.
- Most of the puzzles are just rehashes of existing puzzles with tiny variations.
- With game play topping out at about 15 minutes, and much of it just being variations on a theme, there just isn't enough enjoyment to be had.