John Richard Deacon, (born 1951-08-19) is a musician, best known for his work with the band Queen where he composed music, lyrics, and primarily played bass, but often played various other instruments like electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboards, and drums. Unlike Brian May and Roger Taylor, John Deacon retired from Queen in 1997 and no longer performs with the band.
I learned about John Deacon through his work with the band Queen, and, due to his reserved nature, I didn't really pay him much mind, but, as I became more interested in the song-writing credits of the band, I discovered that he wrote several songs which I really enjoyed.
Songs With Queen
- Back Chat
- Cool Cat (co-written with Freddie Mercury)
- Under Pressure (co-written with Queen and David Bowie)
- One Vision (credited to Queen)
- One Year of Love
- Pain Is So Close to Pleasure (co-written with Freddie Mercury)
- Friends Will Be Friends (co-written with Freddie Mercury)
- Party) (credited to Queen)
- Khashoggi's Ship (credited to Queen)
- The Miracle (co-written with Freddie Mercury)
- Rain Must Fall (credited to Queen)
- My Baby Does Me (credited to Queen)
1985, at Live Aid.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Deacon - Wikipedia.