Hugo's House of Horrors
Hugo's House of Horrors is the first game in the Hugo series of games designed by David P. Gray. It uses a game system engine similar to that of Sierra's AGI engine. The story if rather dull, you play Hugo, and your girlfriend has been kidnapped and taken to a mansion. The game uses a haunted house theme with various Halloween and horror movie references.
This was the first game that I ever wrote a fall walk through for, not only including how to beat the game with every point, but also the entire script, a FAQ, and various bugs.
- The game gives a nice adventure with decent puzzles.
- The artwork is pretty dated.
- The story is lacking, and the theme is tired.
- There are a couple bugs in the game that can be exploited.
- There isn't anything too bad about the game.