Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Episode Two is a first-person action adventure game developed and published by Valve for Windows on 2007-10-10, and later ported to several other platforms. Despite its name, it is the fourth game in the Half-Life series. This episode is a bit longer than episode one, and showcases several new features in the Source Engine.
My friend Cody bought me this game along with all the other Half-Life games. Having been a big fan of all the previous titles, I couldn't help but play this one.
I own this game and have beaten in a couple times and got 14/22 achievements.
- Overall: 8/10
- Best Version: Windows
- The hunters are a wonderful new enemy.
- The new doctor is quite obnoxious, but a good addition.
- The seamless move from the train crash of Episode 1 is a perfect way to start the game.
- Alyx Vance continues to be a fantastic addition to the game.
- The ending battle is wonderfully epic.
- The game is considerably longer than Episode One, which is nice considering the first one seemed too short.
- I don't like the fact that Dr. Vance and the Vorticons share a very similar voice from the same voice actor. It makes them seem less-real.
- There is a very annoying bug in the physics engine that sometimes vaults you into the air after you walk over a odd-shaped object. Especially the gnome!
- I don't like it when games make achievements for things that are necessary to beat the game anyway.