Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Episode One is an oddly-named sequel to Half-Life 2. The game is shorter, but was an attempt to make the series more episodic so that new additions could come out every few months. That didn't work as people have been waiting for episode three for many years now.
- The hunters are a wonderful new enemy.
- The new doctor is quite obnoxious, but a good addition.
- The large dark room with the elevator is also a pretty cool battle.
- The seamless move the train crash of Episode 1 is a perfect way to start the game.
- Alyx Vance continues to be a fantastic addition to the game.
- The ending battle is wonderfully epic.
- The game is considerably longer than Episode One, which is nice considering the first one seemed too short.
- I don't like the fact that Dr. Vance and the Vorticons share a very similar voice from the same voice actor. It makes them seem less-real.
- There is a very annoying bug in the physics engine that sometimes vaults you into the air after you walk over a odd-shaped object. Especially the gnome!
- I don't like it when games make achievements things that are necessary to beat the game anyway.