Difference between revisions of "God of Thunder"
(Created page with "thumb|256x256px|North American box art. '''''God of Thunder''''' is an action adventure game developed by Adept Software and publ...")
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
I have a freeware copy, but
I have a freeware copy, but the game. I have beaten all three episodes.
Revision as of 13:12, 14 September 2017
God of Thunder is an action adventure game developed by Adept Software and published by Software Creations for DOS in 1993. You control Thor who must defeat the minions of Asgard by wielding his mighty hammer, Mjölnir. The game was later published by Impluse Software, and then finally released as freeware by the developer. The game engine is similar to The Legend of Zelda with a screen-based top-down over world and underground passages that used a pseudo side-view platform look. The dialogue in the game is pretty funny.
I encountered God of Thunder on a shareware collection CD (around 1995) and found the game to be quite enjoyable. My cousin and I beat the first episode, but never bought the rest of the game. When I later found that the game had been released as freeware, I played through the other two episodes.
I have a freeware copy, but I never bought the game. I have beaten all three episodes.
- Overall: 6/10
- Best Version: DOS
- The game engine is pretty solid and has enough complexity to be interesting.
- Having things like pushable blocks, rolling rocks, lock and key gates, and the like allow for some particularly clever puzzles.
- The script is pretty funny. There are lots of jokes from puns, to dirty jokes, to breaking the 4th wall.
- Though dated, even when it was released, the graphics, sound, and music are pretty good.
- The game offers a pretty good challenge, while not requiring you to have to worry about lives.
- When the game came out, it looked and sounded dated. The SNES had already been out for two years, so tiled graphics and AdLib music was way behind the times.
- The game doesn't break any new ground; it's basically more of the same from earlier games.