Glittermitten Grove is a simulation game developed by Twinbeard and published by Adult Swim Games for Windows in 2016. You control a band of fairies who will prune trees, collect sparkles, and build houses and various other buildings. You must grow fruit trees for food and keep the larger trees from blocking out the sun for the smaller trees. As the grove becomes more populated, you begin to explore underground using fireworks to blast holes and uncover treasure chests and other useful items.
I got this game in a Humble Bundle.
I own the game and have beaten it, though missing two purple items.
- Overall: 7/10
- Best Version: Windows
- Overall the game is a lot fun with humor and silliness.
- The Glittermitten Grove portion is quite enjoyable and cute. With a little more complexity, it could have stood on its own as a game. It has a really impressive soundtrack and attractive graphics.
- Not knowing that this game was really just a vehicle for Frog Fractions 3, I was quite shocked when I entered TXT World.
- The homage to ZZT is nice, but the game goes above and beyond adding many different rules and items.
- There are dozens of references to other games including The Legend of Zelda, Adventure, Nethack, Where In the World Is Carmen San Diego, Flappy Bird, and more.
- The minigames run through all sorts of genres and require different skills. Some of them are especially clever, but none of them are too difficult.
- The Sparxis minigame, while not fun as a game, is really hilarious as an interactive story.
- The reat-time chess game was a lot of fun.
- The translation puzzle with the frog was really fun and challenging.
- The creepiness at the end was pretty awesome.
- The game crashed on me several times during the fairy grove portion.
- The sword gets in the way a lot, but it does make for some interesting puzzles.
- The assistant to the assistant portion of the credits is funny at first, but gets old.