Foundation and Empire
Foundation and Empire is the second book in Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. I didn't care much for this book. It seemed like this book had a different approach from the first. Foundation dealt heavily with political maneuvering to defeat a more powerful opponent, while this book was spent mostly on the interaction of a couple characters as events happen around them.
I do not own this book, but have listened to an audio book recording.
- I like the ending, Asimov did a good job on it.
- In general, I found the book to be a little boring. There are several large events that happen, but the writing isn't very suspenseful or interesting.
- A lot of the writing is very dated for a futuristic settings. Everyone is a smoker, they used phrases like, "what's the big idea, doc?" etc.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_and_Empire - Wikipedia.
- goodreads.com/book/show/29581.Foundation_and_Empire - GoodReads.