Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII is and RPG from Squaresoft.
- The pre-rendered background graphics are very nice, and help alleviate the problem of tiled backgrounds.
- The full-motion video merges seamlessly between the static game play.
- The materia magic system is original and fun. I like the idea of being able to customize character's abilities.
- Merging Middle-Ages weaponry with lasers and machine-guns is stupid.
- The 3D environment makes controls rather annoying with it always changing perspective. I find myself often backtracking and turning away from my goal all the time.
- The vast majority of the monsters are so avant-garde I don't really know what to make of them.
- I'm not very impressed by the game's music. I find most of the themes to be rather repetitive and bland.
- I don't like having to hold down a button to run. I would prefer to hold down a button to walk, which I do far less.
- So many of the special combat abilities take way too long. It feels more like I'm watching a movie than playing a game.
- I have little appreciation for most of the characters. Their back-stories are dull and uninspired, and I don't care if they die.