Difference between revisions of "DuckTales (NES)"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 13:40, 14 June 2017
I remember being interested in this game because it was pretty popular in Nintendo advertising, and because I enjoyed the television show. However, nobody I knew owned the game at the time, so I didn't end up playing it in earnest until around 2010.
I do not own the game, but have beaten it on the NES on easy mode.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: NES
- The graphics are fantastic, and accurately depict the various DuckTales characters.
- A lot of effort was made to include a lot of DuckTales imagery, which rarely happens in a tie-in game.
- Despite the game showing up on lists as being one of the easiest NES games on the platform, I think the game offers a pretty good challenge for a first-time player.
- Each area has a fair amount of hidden treasure and rooms which add to the replay value.
- The mine cart riding portion is kind of annoying. It requires very accurate timing on a jump, and, if you succeed, Scrooge watches his Nephews fall to their death!
- The difficulty settings don't increase the complexity of the game, they just cause enemies to deal more damage. This is a lazy difficulty setting.
- mobygames.com/game/disneys-ducktales - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckTales_(video_game) - Wikipedia.
- gamefaqs.com/nes/587253-disneys-ducktales - GameFAQs.
- thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php/DuckTales - NES Hacker Database.