DuckTales is a cartoon television show set in the DuckTales universe that ran four seasons from 1987 to 1990 for a total of 100 episodes. The show was created by Disney and most of the show's characters, its setting, and many of the episode's plots were based on Carl Barks's comic book series Uncle Scrooge. In the show, Donald Duck ships out for the Navy and leaves his three nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, in the care of his extremely wealthy uncle Scrooge McDuck whose large fortune causes him to be the frequent target of burglars. DuckTales is a minor part of the Disney universe.
I remember seeing advertisements for DuckTales before it was released and seeing the first episode on TV. I really liked the show as a child, and watched it everyday after school. I can still remember the theme song, and the plot of many episodes even though I haven't seen it since 1990.
- Alan Young - Scrooge McDuck
- Russi Taylor - Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby Vanderquack
- Joan Gerber - Mrs. Beakley
- Chuck McCann - Duckworth, Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle
- Terry McGovern - Launchpad McQuack, Babyface Beagle
- Hal Smith - Gyro Gearloose, Flintheart Glomgold
- Brian Cummings - Doofus Drake
- June Foray - Magica de Spell, Ma Beagle
- Frank Welker - Big Time Beagle, Baggy Beagle, Bubba Duck, Poe de Spell
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Hamilton Camp - Fenton Crackshell, GizmoDuck
- The show has a lot of variety not just in settings and plots, but in characters.
- The backgrounds are very well painted, and the animation is quite fluid for a television show.
- The voice acting was very good, especially from Alan Young.
- The show has a wonderful theme song and the episodes are scored well.
- The show has some nice jokes and gags that only older viewers will get.
- Duckburg has pretty incompetent law enforcement. Scrooge's money is often at risk, and rarely protected.
- Since it is a kid's show, the scenes of danger are pretty weak and contrived. You know nothing bad is ever going to happen to the characters.