Dragons of Winter Night
DragonLance Chronicles, Volume 2: Dragons of Winter Night is the second book in the DragonLance series. It was written by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman and, unlike the first novel, is no based on previous Dungeons and Dragons modules.
- The story continues to be interesting, and most of the character interaction is enjoyable.
- This book wasn't as interesting as the first, and I found most of the new characters to be rather dull.
- Riverwind is still useless.
- Fizban has a few moments where he isn't annoying, but he's really wearing out his welcome.
- The obvious D&D rules continue to ruin my suspension of disbelief. In particular, the idea of dragon fear not actually being morals fearing a huge thundering fire-breathing behemoth, but some sort of magic with a 100' radius.
- I find the comparisons to Caramon's strength rather tedious. The gate would take ten men to lift, or one Caramon. Really?
- Raistlin's dominance over the dragon orb was great, but it was totally ruined when Laurana was also able to do it without any preparation.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons_of_Winter_Night - Wikipedia.