Revision as of 18:15, 26 January 2017 by TheAlmightyGuru (Created page with "'''''Diablo''''' is an isometric top-down dungeon crawler with a Gothic theme. ==Status== I own this game for Windows and have beaten it as a warrior, rogue, and sorcerer. =...")
Diablo is an isometric top-down dungeon crawler with a Gothic theme.
I own this game for Windows and have beaten it as a warrior, rogue, and sorcerer.
- Ignoring the cheats and exploits, the game engine is pretty solid.
- The monster AI is varied and interesting allowing for different tactics. Fallen Ones can be scared away by killing a monster in front of them, scavengers can be delayed by making corpses for them to eat, etc.
- The ambient music is creepy and the town music is quite nice.
- The palette is nicely dark and foreboding fitting the mood of the game.
- The prefix/suffix system for items and dungeon randomizer allows for a lot of replay value.
- The dungeon generator is nicely designed for various environments.
- The story is pretty lame.
- The pre-rendered 3D graphics aren't very good. I would have preferred hand-drawn sprites.
- The cut-scene animations aren't very realistic.
- Once you've explored the town and find it has little to offer, it becomes tedious to navigate.
- Farnham and Gillian are entirely pointless NPCs.
- There is a lot of recorded dialog for quests among NPCs, almost all of which is unimportant and wastes your time.