Choujin Sentai Jetman (video game)
Choujin Sentai Jetman is a platformer video game based on the Japanese children's television show of the same title. The game was developed by Natsume and published by Angel for the Famicom on 1991-12-21.
I heard about this game because of the Angry Video Game Nerd reviewing it in his episode reviewing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers games. After seeing it, I decided to play it. I beat both difficulties on 2019-11-26.
I don't own this game, but I have beaten it at both difficulties.
- The game has pretty decent graphics and music.
- It's nice that the game has a password system, but it's not really necessary since it only takes about 20 minutes to beat it.
- Each of the six levels are very similar and most of the enemies get reused in every stage.
- The controls for the boss battles are particularly bad. You can jump, but it's mostly useless because your attack doesn't reach the enemy. Most of them can be defeated just by pushing them into the corner and mashing the punch button, but the bosses for stage 4 and 6 require a bit more strategy. The stage 6 boss, in particular, requires a special strategy to defeat.
- The game is extremely repetitive and it's too short to get much enjoyment out of it.
- [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%8Djin_Sentai_Jetman en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%8Djin_Sentai_Jetman