Cave Story is an action-adventure platform game. Your character finds himself in an underground cave system amid intelligent bunny-like characters who are being abducted and enslaved by an evil doctor from the surface. You quickly become mixed up in the scheme and try your best to save them.
I own Cave Story+ and have beaten it on easy difficulty.
- Overall: 8/10
- Best Version: Cave Story+ for Windows
- The story is a bit cartoonish, but fun and exciting.
- The music is wonderful, especially with the remastered music in Cave Story+.
- The graphics and art are really quite beautiful, again, even better in the upgrade.
- The fact that the low-res game is free is also a bonus.
- While they packed an awful lot into the game, it still feels too short.
- In easy mode at least, most of the bosses are -very- easy and can be defeated with the following strategy: Switch to missiles, get close, shoot rapidly, boss dies.
- Nothing. A well-made game all-around.