Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse is an action platformer by Konami released on the Famicom in 1989. Though the title makes it sound like it's the third game in the Castlevania series, it's actually the sixth Castlevania title released, and is a prequel to the first Castlevania. In this game, you play Trevor Belmont, ancestor of Simon Belmont, although it functions very similarly to the original Castlevania and borrows heavily from it.
Knowing that Castlevania games were well-liked by my friends, and well-covered in gaming magazines, I bought this game shortly after it came out, and I think it was the very first Castlevania game I ever played. I fount it to be particularly difficult. The furthest I got on my own was to the mummy bosses.
At some point a friend borrowed this game and never returned it. I have not beaten it and have no interest in trying.
- Overall: 4/10
- Best Version: NES
- The game has great graphics and sound for the NES, and the Japanese release even featured an additional audio chip.
- The addition of the three playable characters adds more depth replay to the game allowing the player to try to beat it with all four characters.
- Like before, the game is just too damn difficult to the point where I don't feel like ever trying to get good at it.
- mobygames.com/game/nes/castlevania-iii-draculas-curse- - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania_III:_Dracula%27s_Curse - Wikipedia.
- thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Wiki/index.php?title=Castlevania_III:_Dracula%27s_Curse - NES Hacker Database.