Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
I do not own the game, but have beaten it and seen the ending where you kill Richter.
- The background art is really beautiful.
- The character animation is amazingly detailed. In addition to movement consisting of numerous frames, there is even a lot of dialog animation.
- The game has a solid soundtrack. The music keeps a Gothic sound while incorporating a contemporary sound.
- There are a wide variety of interesting monsters.
- It's kind of interesting to have to collect items for things that are normally commonplace in Castlevania games, like obtaining items from candles, or seeing a monster's name.
- Gaining vampire-like powers (turn into wolf, bat, mist) is a really cool idea.
- The familiars are a great system.
- The inverted castle is a wonderful addition to the game.
- The voice acting is just terrible.
- The items aren't very balanced. The cross and Agunea are far better than the rebound stone of Bibuti. So, the weaker ones just get in the way. And the way item changing is handled is annoying. It's common to accidentally hit a candle with a weapon you do not want, and, if it's near a pit, you lose your desired weapon.
- Some of the items are humorous, but totally out of place, like a snorkel, a corn dog, etc.
- Alucard's spells are annoying to have to input for as little as they do.
- Having to duck to get the candles in the inverted castle is annoying.
- The menu system is bland looking.
- The gear puzzle in the clock tower is really annoying.
- The first ending is lame.
- A lot of the items you get are useless. Either a weapon/armor that's weaker than what you already have.
- The display of the item you get and monster you kill sometimes gets in the way of the action.
- The CD icon at the top of the rooms when you change sections is out of place.
- mobygames.com/game/playstation/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Symphony_of_the_Night - Wikipedia.
- strategywiki.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Symphony_of_the_Night - Strategy Wiki.
- gamefaqs.com/ps/196885-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night - GameFAQs.