Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an action adventure game.
- The background art is really beautiful.
- The character animation is amazingly detailed. In addition to movement consisting of numerous frames, there is even a lot of dialog animation.
- The game has a solid soundtrack. The music fits the game perfectly.
- There are a wide variety of interesting monsters.
- It's kind of interesting to have to collect items for things that are normally commonplace in Castlevania games, like obtaining items from candles, or seeing a monster's name.
- The voice acting is just terrible.
- The way they handle item changing is annoying. It's common to accidentally hit a candle with a weapon you do not want, and, if it's near a pit, you lose your desired weapon.
- The CD icon at the top of the rooms when you change sections is out of place.
- The display of the item you get and monster you kill sometimes gets in the way of the action.
- Some of the items are humorous, but totally out of place, like a snorkel.