Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
I didn't know anything about it other than it was a later Castlevania game, but that was enough to get me to want to play it. I played it an beat it in 2016. Overall it's just an okay game; worth playing, but nothing new or exciting.
I do not own this game, but I have beat it and seen all three endings, although I needed hints to see the best ending.
- Overall: 4/10
- Best Version: Game Boy Advance
- Having a light and dark side of the castle was a clever way to add difficulty and length to the game as well as introduce some nice puzzles.
- Some of the backgrounds have amazing graphics.
- Some of the puzzles are challenging and took me several attempts, but none seemed unfair.
- I liked how your secondary weapon can be affected by the various spell books to create more special abilities.
- Some of the monsters had a lot of work put into them, like the level 3 skeleton dragon that curled around the columns.
- The story is pretty garbage and none of the characters are interesting.
- A lot of the sprites are pretty bad, especially the character sprites.
- Most of the monsters were just repeats of earlier Castlevanias with very little originality.
- There are surprisingly few secrets.
- The game has a lot of backtracking.
- Using Maxim's ring to unlock one of the castle's many locked doors took forever to find!
- Why does Juste have an ethereal after-image right from the beginning? It doesn't feel earned, and it's visually distracting.
- The same weak enemies remain for most of the game making backtracking rather pointless.
- I wish the developers had come up with a better way to handle the secondary weapon. I kept accidentally picking up a weapon I didn't want.
- The cross is vastly superior to the other weapons, so, when you get it, all the others are obsolete.
- There aren't any decent hints for getting the good ending.
- The fact that this came out after Castlevania: Circle of the Moon which is better in every way, is embarrassing for Konami1
- Nothing really.
- mobygames.com/game/castlevania-harmony-of-dissonance - MobyGames.