Burrito Bison: Launcha Libre
A friend of mine told me about the game after it came out knowing I had finished the original Burrito Bison game. He informed me it was something I could do while waiting for my wife to give birth, but she ended up having a Caesarean section, and newborns require far too much attention to play games. So, I had to wait until my girls were several months old before getting a chance to play, and, even then, I could only play while they were sleeping.
The game is free. I have almost maxed out all the items.
- Overall: 4/10
- Best Version: Browser
- The game's growth slowly adds a lot of new items, enemies, and game play styles.
- I like the idea of having alternate luchadors, Pineapple Spank especially.
- The new gummy bear types are pretty funny.
- I like how the ads are entirely optional.
- The background music is fantastic, both when playing and in the store.
- The cartoon graphics are fantastic.
- The game's growth is a little too slow for my tastes. I understand that this is to convince people to pay to increase money, but that just feels like cheating the game to me.
- There are some small graphical glitches in the game. The worm messes up the ground background in time mode, the spiny gummy sometimes hovers in midair with a squished sprite.
- El Pollo, while hilariously drawn, is not a very useful luchador compared to the other two. Perhaps I just don't know how to use him effectively, but I would skip him every time if I could.
- The game seems to randomly assign missions which is a bad idea. This caused me to get a "Squash 500 gummies in a single run" mission very early in the game, which I couldn't hope to pass. Very late in the game, I started getting missions like, "Get Gumdalf three times across any number of runs," which I would have been able to do much earlier in the game.