Bonk's Adventure (Game Boy)
Bonk's Adventure is a platform action game release on the Game Boy on 1992-11-27. Although the game uses the same title as Bonk's Adventure for the TurboGrafx-16, it's actually a fairly different game. It has to remove several of the technically complex aspects of the game, but it also incorporates many elements from Bonk's Revenge.
In the game, you play the role of Bonk, a young caveman who uses his comically large head to smash apart enemies. In the story, Za, the Princess of Moonland, and her subjects, have been corrupted by King Drool and banished to the land of Bonk where they are creating havoc. Bonk must free them from King Drool's spell and then travel to Moonland to defeat King Drool.
I first played Bonk's Adventure on the Game Boy after seeing it high on a list of the most popular Game Boy games. I beat it on my first attempt on 2015-01-25.
I do not own this game, but I've beaten it.
- Overall: 3/10 (Game Boy)
- Best Version: Game Boy
- The game is fun, the graphics are well-drawn, and the player is easy ton control.
- Bonk's animation is just as funny as it is from the TG-16 edition.
- The music is pretty dull.
- Collecting fruit is pretty pointless as it only gives a few points, and you need a lot to earn a free guy.
- The game is very easy and short. I was able to beat it in a single sitting without ever getting a game over.
- The bosses, although graphically different, all employ similar movement patterns, and therefore can be defeated with the same tactics.
- The ending sequence is uninspired.
- The title misleads the buyer into thinking this is a Game Boy port of the TurboGrafx-16 game.
- Nothing really.
- youtube.com/watch?v=82i9FThERbY - Longplay.
|English (Europe)||B.C. Kid|
|English (North America)||Bonk's Adventure|
|Japanese||GB原人||GB Genjin||GB Caveman|