Difference between revisions of "Bionic Commando: Elite Forces"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
4Game Boy Color
Revision as of 14:36, 14 March 2019
Strangely, though Bionic Commando is Capcom's intellectual property, they chose to have Nintendo Software Technology develop the game essentially without their involvement. This was Nintendo Software Technology's very first game, and it shows. Unlike the Game Boy port which was mostly a remake of the NES game, Elite Forces is a completely new game in a different setting with a different enemy, with only a few similarities to the original. The game must not have sold well because Capcom didn't even bother with a Japanese release.
Being a huge fan of Bionic Commando, I played this game around 2005 and was thoroughly disappointed. I'm glad I didn't spend money on it.
I do not own this game, but I have beaten it.
Best Version: 38%
- Capcom finally decided to give the game a unique title to distinguish it from the other games in the series!
- There are a couple new mechanics, like sniper shooting, which are interesting.
- Kudos to the developers for adding a female playable character option.
- The item graphics are large and well-drawn.
- The box art is pretty good.
- The game's graphics aren't very good. The sprites are passable, but the backgrounds are really messy.
- The music isn't up to par with the previous games.
- The designers kept the main game mechanics the same, but changed all of the story elements. The game takes place in a fictional land, with fictional characters, and fictional enemies. This is not nearly as cool as killin' Nazis!
- Player control is sub-optimal, and the arm mechanic isn't as smooth as the NES or Game Boy games.
- The manual is poorly made.
- Overall, the game is amateur. Capcom should have either made it in-house, or forced their developer to do a better job.
- youtube.com/watch?v=aCU8OlHza7M - Longplay.
- mobygames.com/game/bionic-commando-elite-forces - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Commando:_Elite_Forces - Wikipedia.
- tcrf.net/Bionic_Commando:_Elite_Forces - The Cutting Room Floor.